Thanks @danwood for letting me know about new Apple application icon sizes for iOS7.
Mathias Bynens recently updated his excellent everything you always wanted to know about touch icons article including a link to an official Apple document about Icon and Image Sizes.
It appears that the high resolutions for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad have been updated as follows:
- iPhone and iPod touch: 114x114 updated to 120x120
- iPad: 144x144 updated to 152x152
The standard resolution equivalents are half the above resolutions which means we will also need:
The updated list of required icons as far as I can tell is now as follows:
- apple-touch-icon-60x60.png *NEW* *
- apple-touch-icon-76x76.png *NEW*
- apple-touch-icon-120x120.png *NEW*
- apple-touch-icon-152x152.png *NEW*
Iconifier has been updated accordingly.
* Update 23/09/2013
As pointed out by Mathias Bynens, it's unlikely that iOS 7 will be made available on non-Retina iPhones and iPads so there’s no reason to include the 60×60px and 76×76px icons.
* Update 07/10/2013
As Ben points out, the 76×76px icon is required so I have added it back in.